Processing transactions in multiple formats
Miller’s Programmes & Facilities business receives multiple spreadsheets and reports from a network of Managing General Agents (MGAs) that must be processed.
• Monthly updates are received in Excel format and must be reviewed, validated and processed for internal system use
• Once complete, the reports were manually forwarded to business partners.
• Due to the variety and complexity, the process was highly manual
• High number of errors often crept into the process, with reports having to be recalled and resent
Automated data processing
Miller sought to automate a number of these processes through Xceptor.
• Data is automatically collected and enriched from multiple input formats, including FTP sites and emails
• Data is processed immediately by user-defined business rules
• Extrapolation of raw data e.g. geo codes for extraction into exposure models and premium balances into accounting ledgers and presentation in a usable format for clients
• Provision of a real-time feed in XML for clients
• Analytical capability - Improved insight through one single view of data and operational teams now able to perform advanced analytics on the information
• Increased efficiency - Significant time saving within the process cycle
• Improved client service - Reports and data automatically distributed in multiple formats, depending on client requirements
• Future proof - Xceptor scales with business demands and users can configure new data sources themselves